This was 2011 and I found myself getting quite irritated with the speakers when in fact, I was irritated with myself for having the skills and experince to do something about this, (after all I had been coaching people to have the confidence, self-belief and the skills to speak-up for years) and anyway how often did I volunteer to speak?!
After hanging my head in shame, I put my money (or my energy!) where my mouth was, and founded WOBS. WOBS? stands for Women On the Business Stage.
Over the past years WOBS has evolved into a 6 month programme for women in business to have the confidence, beliefs, skills and mega support to grow their business (and lives)
In May 2013, to enable more women to access mentoring and to ask, for free, the question/s that were holding them back from greater success I started WOBS On-Line Facebook Group. At last peak we are over 1000 members!
It’s FREE to ask any question you may have about personal development, business growth, public speaking – you have the question and we’ll do our best to answer it!
“I set this group up so that ALL women in business (or women who want to be in business) have a have place where you can ask questions about your business, maybe something you are stuck with and don’t want to share in the main social media areas, somewhere we can support each other to build on current skill base, tools and knowledge and a place we can give support and confidence.
I have been lucky to have been able to access some very high quality and high value business and personal mentoring over the past 10 years and I know not everyone is able to access such resources … I would like to share as much as I can here with you and that way I also get to continue to learn and develop as you ask questions within the group”
Here are a selection of the questions that have been posted and answered since the group started in May 2013:
• Any advice on how to market my most recent business venture
• Does anyone know how to put a ‘contact me’ form on Facebook please?
• QUESTION…about Direct Mail campaign postage costs.
• Does anyone know of a word press web designer who is reasonably priced.
• I can get a bit stuck in terms of who I am talking to in respect of copy etc – any thoughts?
• Has anyone here been to any of the 4Networking groups?
• Membership sites: alternatives to Jigsawbox
• Using boost facilities on facebook for business pages
• Anyone used dropbox
• How do I set up a free dropbox account
• How do people get speaking gigs
• Thinking of joining LinkedIn – does anyone have any hints or tips for me please x Many thanks x
• Help with Aweber sign up etc
• Logo advice
• Can anyone recommend good and easy to use short video editing software?
Our WOBS members use our Facebook group as a major part of their support and advice networks – and you too, can benefit from that help and support, by taking out a free one-month trial. Find out more & get your first month free.